Instructional Coach - Elementary 1.0 (Pool) (School Year 2021-2022)
SALARY INFORMATION: SEE CERTIFIED SALARY SCHEDULE
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 4063
POSITION TYPE: PERMANENT/REGULAR
LOCATION: THORNTON, CO
This pool posting is for full, 1.0 Instructional Coach, Elementary positions. May be a full fte at one location or .5 at two locations.
Instructional Coaches are provided to schools to accelerate student growth across all core content areas. Instructional coaches provide professional development in standards-based planning and implementation, facilitate the analysis of student work, and engage in coaching cycles with teachers. The coach works side-by-side with teachers and principals through planning, modeling, co-teaching, reflecting and providing feedback.
Each school allocation supports student achievement by supporting teachers in the classroom. These hours include attendance at district professional development. The largest portion of the time mucst be allocated to coaching teachers for the purpose of accelerating student growth and performance. Coaches must have a deep understanding of the Teaching/Learning Cycle and be able to transfer the process throughout the school system.
COACHING: For the purposes of impacting teacher effectiveness.
- Work collaboratively with building administration to improve student achievement
- Coach teachers through planning, implementation and analysis to improve teacher effectiveness
- Promote professional conversation and reflective thinking to impact teacher effectiveness
- Use the Teaching/Learning Cycle and the gradual release of responsibility
- Collaborate with teachers to assess students' learning needs and develop an instructional plan
- Lead the planning and delivery of a guaranteed and viable standards-based curriculum
- Share monthly coaching logs to monitor progress
- Provide strong, timely support to new teachers
- Provide instructional leadership to promote integrated thinking and intentional decision-making
- Keep current with literacy and ESL research-based best practices; develop a thorough understanding of Colorado Academic and Common Core State Standards
- Apply facilitation skills, knowledge and experience to support adult learners' developments
- Collaboratively develop/coordinate/facilitate school-based early release days and other professional development
- Collaboratively ensure a rigourous standards based education for all students through a guaranteed and viable curriculum for ALL students
- At least 5 years of successful classroom teaching experience
- Effective communication and collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to structure own time and manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of effective instructional strategies in literacy and differentiation strategies for English Language Learners
- Experience in school leadership positions over the past three years
- Evidence of continued participation in professional development
- Knowledge of adult learning
- Facilitation skills
- Basic knowledge of computing skills, technology integration and supporting software programs
- Completion of in-district advanced ELD training or equivalent coursework
- Masters in Literacy
- ELD Certification/Endorsementt
- Advantage Math training
- Experience coaching/suporting classroom teachers
- Cognitive Coaching
- Possess or ability to obtain valid/appropriate Colorado Educator License. Ability to fulfill responsibilities as stated above.
- Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
- All candidates must possess the required license of the ability to fulfill the requiremnets for the No Child Left Behind Act of 2002.
SALARY INFORMATION (FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES): All salary placement on our Certified Salary schedule is dependent on the employees’ education and/or work experience. Certified/licensed employees will be granted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/or work experience up to a maximum of ten (10) years, which includes in-district and out-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee. For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Certified Master Agreement that can be found on our district website.
Changes to the READ Act require that all K-3 teachers and staff responsible for teaching reading to students in grades K-3 complete evidence-based training in teaching by Jan. 31, 2022.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.