Spanish Bilingual Title I Literacy Interventionist (.5 FTE)
LOCATION: Leal Elementary
SUPERVISOR: Building Principal, Director of Family Engagement & Student Supports, and Director of Curriculum & Instruction
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Provides diagnosis and instructional support for students identified as intensive or strategic on district assessment.
- Schedules in-class and out-of-class instructional groups for students requiring literacy support.
- Prepares lessons for individual students and groups of students requiring literacy support.
- Collaborates with classroom teachers to collect and analyze data in order to design literacy lessons to meet the instructional needs of students.
- Supports classroom teachers as they implement new literacy practices into their classrooms, by modeling lessons and engaging in collaborative conversations about teaching and learning.
- Consults and coordinates with classroom teachers and other District staff as appropriate.
- Participates in grade level meetings and makes recommendations for literacy services in collaboration with the other participants.
- Participates in District-wide meetings, Building-level meetings and attends in-service activities as directed.
- Actively participates in District meetings, evaluations, and assessments regarding at-risk students.
- Requisitions materials necessary to carry out the instructional program.
- Develops and implements parent involvement activities and opportunities at the District.
- Collaborates with parents for the purpose of planning and recommending literacy services for students.
- Performs any and all additional duties as assigned by the Board of Education, Superintendent of Schools and/or the Director of Title I Services.
- Illinois Professional Educator License with endorsements to teach at this level and content
- Reading Endorsement or Master’s Degree in Reading Preferred; Bilingual Endorsement Required
- Work experience collecting, analyzing and interpreting student performance data in a school setting.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication/collaboration skills.
- Knowledge and work experience using multiple literacy assessment tools and diagnostic procedures in a school setting.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Evidence of continuous literacy-focused professional development.
- Knowledge of scientifically based research in literacy, principles of effective literacy instruction and use of assessment in literacy instruction.
- Successful teaching experience at the primary level.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 185 Work Days, Teacher Salary Scale
EVALUATION: Performance in this position shall be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the negotiated agreement.
START DATE: August 2021
NOTE: This is a position within the collective bargaining unit and is not an administrative position.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For questions about Urbana School District's Job Postings, please contact our Recruitment & Retention Specialist @ 384-3600.