Teacher - English Language Learner
TITLE: TEACHER - ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNER (ELL)
DEPARTMENTS: Elementary / Secondary Schools
QUALIFICATIONS: Mississippi Teaching Certificate with English as a Second Language (K-12) 177 endorsement
REPORTS TO: Federal Programs Director
JOB GOAL: To deliver the district’s program for teaching English to students acquiring the English language in the context of the K-12 academic curriculum at all designated schools.
- Identify and screen students who speak or understand two or more languages.
- Complete required state and district paperwork on ELL students.
- Provide building principals and the ELL coordinator with updates on ELL students.
- Monitor language and academic progress of individual ELL students.
- Serve as a resource to classroom teachers in modifying lessons for ELL students.
- Serve as a communication link between school and home.
- Participate on building teams identifying special needs of ELL students.
- Provide training and supervision to aides and volunteers serving ELL students.
- Coordinate/provide building in-service on English Language Learners
- Provide direct instruction to students as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervision
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 187 days
Salary for this position shall be commensurate with the years of experience as determined under the policies and procedures of the Moss Point School District and in accordance with the pay scale.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated semi-annually in accordance with provisions of the Board of Trustees’ policy on evaluation of District personnel.