Job | Posted 24 days ago
THIS IS A GENERIC POSTING – PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL FOR AVAILIBILITY
Provides supervision of students in the cafeteria and on the playground during lunch periods; performs related work as required.
The primary function of an employee in this class is to provide a safe and supervised environment for students in the lunchroom or cafeteria and on the playground during lunch periods. The position is supervised by the building Principal. The primary duties of the position are performed in a school cafeteria and outdoors, with exposure to inclement weather.
- Provides a safe and supervised environment for students in the cafeteria and adjacent areas and on the playground;
- Enforces school rules and administers disciplinary actions;
- Redirects unwanted behaviors and provides conflict resolution;
- Provides First Aid assistance;
- Checks sports and recreational equipment in and out;
- Ensures students return to class in a timely manner;
- Reports hazardous conditions and situations and serious disciplinary problems to a supervisor or the building Principal, as directed;
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with District policies, procedures, and safety practices.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- May perform other monitoring duties as assigned;
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- School rules and behavior requirements;
- Disciplinary and behavior modification methods and techniques;
- Basic playground safety techniques and objectives.
- Follow oral and written instructions and observe District policies and procedures;
- Provide a safe environment for students in a cafeteria and playground environment;
- Discern and react appropriately to emergency or safety situations;
- Prepare and maintain required records, files, reports, logs, statistics, and documentation;
- Operate standard playground and safety equipment;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, teachers and staff members, and other District personnel;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Maintain student and District confidentiality;
- Demonstrate integrity, ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions, communicate effectively in person and by two-way radio, and to discern sounds such as students in distress against a background of normal playground noises;
- Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions and discern students in distress or violating behavior codes against a backdrop of normal playground activities;
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate standard playground and safety equipment;
- Sufficient personal mobility, agility, strength, and reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to stand for long periods of time, walk, and work in a school cafeteria and outside playground environments and be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
Yearly by supervisor
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined by calendar year.
Regular attendance is an essential function of this job
- If you are chosen for this position your employment with the District would be "at will". Employment at Will means that the employee or the District may terminate the employment relationship with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time.
- As per Idaho Code 65-5-1/65-503: "Eligible veterans are provided advantages in public employment in Idaho…"