Middle School Science Teacher
Position: Middle School Science Teacher
Reports to: Principal
Driven by the principles of PURPOSE, PASSION and PROFICIENCY, REACS offers each student a challenging, college-bound education that develops character and critical thinking ability infused with family and social values to support life-long learning, leadership and productive citizenship.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with leadership to implement the School's mission and goals
- Support our student academic and socio-emotional development
- Set student performance and growth goals and work to achieve those goals
- Align the core curriculum with Common Core State Standards.
- Participate in the implementation of systems to assess student achievement.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Use formal and informal assessment data to personalize and accelerate learning for all students.
- Differentiate instruction for all students especially for students with special needs.
- New York State certification (preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with including students, parents and staff
- Experience teaching middle school.
- Master's degree.
- Minimum 2 year teaching experience.