Posted 3 months ago
Description: Seeking a Bus Driver for the School City of Hobart. Position available beginning the 2021-2022 school year.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's (DMV) License.
- Current Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class B with Public Passenger, School Bus, and Air Brake endorsements or willingness to train and obtain one.
- Current Indiana State Certification yellow card or willingness to obtain one.
- Successful prior experience working as a bus driver, preferably in a school district or transporting children is preferred.
- Safely drives a school bus on days when school is in session over designated routes in accordance with time schedules, loading and unloading students at designated locations.
- Transports students, teachers, and others on school field trips and athletic events.
- Inspects assigned bus using pre-trip form on a daily basis prior to transporting of passengers to ensure that bus is in good, clean, and safe working order.
- Sweeps bus, cleans any messes, and empties trash daily.
- Refuels bus as needed.
- Reports all mechanical deficiencies not included on pre-trip form, traffic violations, or accidents immediately.
- Maintains order and discipline in an effective and courteous manner among students being transported in accordance with district policies and procedures; reports any incidents involving student discipline.
- Maintains a respectful, wholesome relationship with students, parents, teachers, fellow employees, and administrators.
- Maintain confidentiality in regard to student, parent, school, and transportation relationships.
- Maintains and submits records and reports as required.
- Follows procedures to ensure that no child is left alone on bus without adult supervision at any time, and that all children have departed bus at the end of all bus routes (morning, midday, evening, field trips, or athletic events).
- Prepares aides and children for bus drills and ensures bus evacuation drills are held as required.
- In case of accidents/emergencies, evacuates children according to written and practiced procedures, ensures that medical emergency procedures are followed; completes a written report as required.
- Attends and participates in trainings, and other continuing education, career, and professional development opportunities.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear (in quiet and loud environments from a whisper to a yell). This job requires the ability to handle and balance multiple demands and interact with the public and other staff. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to exit the bus from a seat belted position in driver’s seat and exiting from the rearmost emergency door. Ability to demonstrate quick reaction time between accelerator and service brake. Ability to climb and descend the bus service door steps in a forward facing position two times without stopping.
The employee is required to use standard automotive and bus equipment, and two-way radio communication equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Internal Applicants: Please submit a letter of Interest to Miss Lisa Wilkison, Director of Transportation, School City of Hobart, email@example.com.
External Applicants: Please submit an online application. If you should have questions, contact Miss Lisa Wilkison, Director of Transportation, School City of Hobart, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School City of Hobart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The School City of Hobart ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The School City of Hobart has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources.