21-04 (1049, 514P) Speech-Language Pathologist; Probationary
POSITION TITLE: Speech-Language Pathologist, 1.0 FTE; Probationary
SITE: Various district sites
TARGET START DATE: August 23, 2021
SALARY: Salary based on certified schedule
Ashland School District appreciates the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups and their roles in society. It is the policy of the Ashland School District Board of Education that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups on the grounds of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation in any educational programs, activities or employment.
Family and Medical Leave Rights:
1. Successful completion of an approved speech pathology program.
2. Oregon teachers’ license with speech impaired endorsement and acquire Oregon Health Board of Examiners’ speech pathology license, or.
3. Oregon Health Board of Examiners’ speech pathology license.
To help students communicate appropriately through planning, implementation, and evaluation of individualized educational programs.
1. Assess individual speech-language needs of students and make recommendations.
2. Prepare individual educational programs and materials.
3. Deliver effective speech-language therapy to identified students.
4. Consult with parents to integrate home and school goals.
5. Assist schools in multidisciplinary, IEP, placement, intervention, and other educational decisions.
6. Provide consultation to teachers regarding speech-language interventions.
7. Establish and maintain positive, flexible, and cooperative relationships with the school community.
8. Make independent decisions within established policies and procedures.
9. Prepare accountability records regarding services provided.
10. Communicate clearly and appropriately.
11. Participate in professional growth activities.
12. Comply with district rules and policies.
13. Perform job-related tasks as designed by supervisor.