Behavior Intervention Specialist
Description: Behavior Intervention Specialist (K-12)
Highly qualified Behavior Intervention Specialist with knowledge and skills necessary to assist individuals, groups and systems through the application of positive behavior supports. The Behavior Specialist helps coordinate, along with the special education teacher, Functional Assessments of Behavior and Behavior Intervention Plan that address students’ inappropriate behaviors and provide a means to help the students become more academically successful. Behavior Intervention Specialist also provides classroom and school-wide behavior management strategies.
- Minimum of five years successful classroom teaching experience in which the teaching of “at risk” and/or “behaviorally challenged” students was an important responsibility for the position. Special education licensure desired.
- Expert knowledge of function-based intervention planning for developing behavior change strategies that focuses on reducing problem behavior and increasing more appropriate behavior.
- Expert knowledge of techniques needed to successfully complete effective Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA), function –based interventions, and Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP).
- Exceptional knowledge in the use of assessment and assessment data to inform instruction and prescribe work plans for individual students.
- Expert knowledge in research based instructional strategies and ability to implement them effectively
- Exceptional knowledge in the use of technology to support instruction
- Demonstrate ability to plan and evaluate strategies for improving instruction
- Ascribes to the philosophy that all children can succeed and demonstrates the commitment to do what is necessary to make this a reality
Pay will be based on the teachers contract with the North Gibson Education Association.