School Nutrition Assistant
Title: School Nutrition Assistant
Openings at: Baldwin Elementary, Level Grove Elementary, Wilbanks Middle, North Middle, South Middle,
Ninth Grade Academy
Reports to: School Nutrition Manager
Contract Days: 184
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Scale: Support Staff 2 (S2)
Education: High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
Experience: Experience working in food preparation.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Ability to work well with fellow employees, teachers, and students. Thorough knowledge of how to store, handle, and serve food. Attend 30-hour orientation to school nutrition class during 1st year of employment. Attend in-service annually.
Primary Function: To perform duties listed below and maintain a good working relationship with Board Education, employees and students.
- Prepare, cook and serve food in accordance with accepted institutional procedures under the supervision of the school nutrition manager.
- Follow the daily work schedule and use standardized recipes for food preparation.
- Plan for the use of left-over food with the manager.
- Clean all utensils and equipment used, dispose of garbage, and mop assigned floor area.
- Store all food items.
- Keep work areas neat and clean.
- Assist in developing a climate in the cafeteria that inspires students and faculty to want to have their lunch and/or breakfast there.
- Must be in good health with no physical disabilities which could make execution of the job impossible or unsafe.
- Practice acceptable health and work habits.
- Complete time sheet daily.
- Perform other duties as noted by the assistant or assigned by the manager or director.
- Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the HCSS Board of Control’s policy on Personnel Evaluations.