Transportation - Shop Foreman
Shop Foreman - Ancillary Salary Schedule II starting salary $65,921
Benefits offered; Start Date 7/1/2021
Supervises daily activities of vehicle repair and maintenance operations to ensure proper performance, repair and safety of all district vehicles.
- Class B CDL with air brake, school bus and passenger endorsements and Certification through Department of Public Safety for Arizona School Bus Driver
- Pre-employment and random controlled substance testing, as well as post-accident if required.
- D.O.T. physical completed by a qualified physician.
- Must possess a valid First Aid/CPR certification
- Valid Arizona Department of Public Safety IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must be knowledgeable in all phases of gasoline and diesel auto and truck mechanics. To include but not limited to auto, bus, van, tractor, lawn equipment and other small engines.
- Formal training as an ASE Certified Diesel Mechanic preferred
- High School Diploma Required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2 years management experience required
Indoor and outdoor environment. Manages all job duties with the mobility, agility, dexterity, and focused observation it takes to meet standards of performance. Moderate environmental conditions and noise levels. Prolonged periods of standing. Exposure to fumes and gases. Must be able to handle stressful situations calmly and with consideration of other persons.
Selection Procedure: Candidates will be selected for interview by an interview committee.
The Flagstaff Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to race, color, religion, gender expression, sexual orientation, military status, age, national origin, or disability. Offers of employment, contingent upon funding. All employees are subject to a criminal background check.