Special Education Teacher for Students with Emotional Disabilities and/or Educational Autism
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER FOR STUDENTS EMOTIONAL DISABILITIES AND/OR EDUCATIONAL AUTISM - WEST FARGO PUBLIC SCHOOLS
West Fargo Public Schools is now accepting applications for a special education teacher at the elementary and middle school levels for the Structured Learning Community program for the 2021-2022 school year. This highly individualized program most often serves students with Emotional Disabilities and/or Educational Autism.
POSITION: Special Education Teacher for Students with Emotional Disabilities and/or Educational Autism - West Fargo Public Schools
TERM: 188 day contract beginning with the 2021-2022 school year
SUMMARY: Provides support to children to help them succeed academically, socially and emotionally. Will collaborate with educators, parents, and other professionals to help create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments.
- ND Teaching License and qualified in one or more areas of Special Education
- Ability to develop positive relationships with students, staff, and the school community
- Strong background in positive behavioral supports
- High interest in serving students with complex behaviors
- Effective communication skills both expressive and receptive
- Ability to reason, interpret, and analyze information to generate new knowledge and understanding
- Adept at problem-solving, resilient when faced with challenges, and skilled in planning and organization
- Ability to work well with others, resolve controversy and conflict through respectful negotiation, and accept constructive feedback
- Prior experience working in a special education classroom preferred
- Experience with a diverse population preferred
SALARY: 2021-2022 Teacher's Salary Schedule (refer to the 2020-2021 schedule until new schedule is released)
The WFPS District funds the entire 11.75% employee contribution to TFFR, as well as the 12.75% employer contribution
DEADLINE: June 30, 2021 or Until Filled
TO APPLY: https://www.applitrack.com/westfargo/onlineapp/
The West Fargo Public School District is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment free from discrimination and harassment in all employment and educational programs, activities, and facilities. The District prohibits discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, or other status protected by law. External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran’s Preference: North Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a form DD214, and if claiming disabled veteran's status, a current letter of disability.