Reading Intervention Specialist
Indianapolis Classical Schools is seeking candidates for a Reading Intervention Specialist to serve Herron High School and Riverside High School. The Reading Intervention Specialist will lead curriculum design and implementation in ELA support classes. Other job responsibilities will include:
- Assist ELA support teachers in planning and implementing effective instructional methods.
- Assist ELA teachers with using student literacy data to inform instruction.
- Provide input regarding appropriate literacy intervention strategies for students.
- Assist with professional development as needed, especially in the area of curriculum development, instructional methods, assessment criteria.
- Review state standards and standardized assessment criteria. Inform leadership and department chair of updates or changes.
- Recommend changes necessary to curriculum and instructional strategies to address changes in state standards and assessment criteria.
- Collaborate with the EL Director, Special Education Department, and teachers to assist in the development of individualized plans for students as needed.
Indianapolis Classical Schools offers a world-class, classical, liberal arts and sciences curriculum on the west side of Indianapolis. Both high schools are intentionally-diverse, public charter schools servicing almost 1,400 students from all across Central Indiana. Indianapolis Classical Schools was founded on the belief that a classical, liberal arts education is the best preparation for a future life of leadership and service.
Faculty at Indianapolis Classical Schools:
- Embrace the classical, liberal arts mission.
- Commit to high academic and behavioral expectations.
- Focus on effective instruction in every classroom.
- Engage in a collaborative environment.
- Differentiate for a diverse culture and abilities.
- Demonstrate passion for and expertise in content area.
- Plan instruction that is results-oriented and research-based.
- Exhibit relentless dedication to the academic success of every student.
- Engage in continual professional reflection.