Posted 3 months ago
FLAGSTAFF UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 1
Position Title: Network Administrator
Department/Section: Technical Services
Supervisor: Assistant Director of Technology
Start Date: As soon as possible; 12-month position; Ancillary Pay Schedule KK; $59,813 - $65,794; 30 Days’ Vacation; 12 days Personal/Sick Leave; Benefits (Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Arizona State Retirement)
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
The Network Administrator will perform as a team lead for field services support staff and provide the skills necessary to effectively support the desktop, mobile device, and technology used in the school district.
- Executing complex tasks requiring the application of advanced IT infrastructure knowledge, skills, practices, and procedures, along with creative insights in order to complete assignments successfully.
- Coordinate and manage the daily activities of the field services support staff.
- Assist with creating and managing procedures for the field services staff and helpdesk.
- Administration of district servers/apps and connected network devices.
- Install, configure, administer and maintain enterprise device management systems.
- Install, configure, administer and maintain desktop/mobile devices.
- Install and maintain technology in the school classrooms.
- Install, upgrade, troubleshoot and maintain supported operating systems including Win7, Win10, Windows Server, OSX, and IOS.
- Assist in evaluating new technologies.
- Test new software and hardware products or versions.
- Provide technical assistance to teachers and staff.
- Provide training to field services and other support staff.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Manage inventory control records of district technology devices.
- Perform occasional night and weekend work.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or Computer Science preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Arizona driver’s license and a good driving record.
- 3+ years of experience performing as a team lead.
- 3+ years of experience working in an enterprise-size IT environment.
- Identify and proactively manage problems and minimize their impacts.
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator or equivalent working experience.
- Experience administering desktop/mobile systems in an enterprise environment.
- Working knowledge of operating systems including Win10, Windows Server, OSX and IOS.
- Working knowledge of DHCP, DNS and TCP.
- Working knowledge of wireless and networking standards.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policies, Deployment Services – Win/Mac, MDM (JAMF or Meraki), Google G Suite Admin, Apple Remote Desktop, Windows and Apple scripting.
- Ability to diagnose and correct software, hardware, and network problems.
- High level of English proficiency for completing tasks and communications.
- Exceptional customer support, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to set priorities and make decisions.
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods, climb, and lift 50 pounds.
All who apply will automatically be put into "qualified" status to allow the site administrator/hiring committee, the ability to review your application immediately. Therefore, you will not receive any verification email from HR, advising your application has been pushed through. Thank you for your interest.
All employees are subject to a criminal background check. The Flagstaff Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to race, color, religion, gender expression, sexual orientation, military status, age, national origin, or disability. Offers of employment, contingent upon funding.