Teacher CTE Healthcare and Medical Sciences - Reposted
Job | Posted 22 days ago
Career and Technical Education
POSITION: Healthcare and Medical Sciences Instructor
LOCATION: Adams City High School
Projected Start Date 7-26-2021
- The school professional uses current District curriculum and content standards in instruction
- The school professional plans, supports, and prepares for the teaching/learning experience.
- The school professional uses effective teaching strategies
- The school professional applies principles of teaching/learning that enhance student achievement
- The school professional recognizes and promotes acceptance of the uniqueness and individuality of each student.
- The school professional uses effective management.
- The school professional collaborates effectively with community, parents, staff, and students.
- The school professional adheres to Colorado State law and District School Board policy as it pertains to responsibilities of school staff.
- Must have a minimum of three years of verified paid work experience within the last five years as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with one year of long term care experience required.
- Must hold a current unrestricted RN or LPN license.
- Must hold or be eligible to receive a Colorado Secondary Career & Technical Education Health Science Technology credential by August 1, 2014 as determined by the Colorado Department of Education.
- The work schedule for this position is a traditional school year with occasional evening or weekend responsibilities based on the needs of the partner agencies including organizing a Health Occupations Students of America program as lead advisor.
- Have ability and experience in working with a team. Must have experience communicating and working with colleagues and support staff on a continual basis and coordinating activities with other members/staff of an organization.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and oral modes.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Office suite, POS, Outlook, etc., as they relate to the health care business and teaching profession.
- Teach Healthcare and Medical Sciences, Anatomy and Physiology, initial and continuing nurse aide theory and skills.
- Prepare tests, class projects and case studies; grades papers, average grades, prepare grade reports, and coordinate make-up tests and assignments.
- Prepare lesson plans, prepare lectures, assist with development and implementation of course syllabus and curriculum.
- Select textbooks, videos, Internet activities and gather outside project materials.
- Prepare attendance reports and administer attendance policy
- Work on assigned committees, attend school-wide events, attend professional development conferences and maintain career and technical education certification, attend faculty meetings, and keep current with inventory and budget.
- Ability to collaborate with other Career and Technical Education instructors.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE:Until filled
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado’s 23rd largest school district and serves more than6500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.