Constituent Relations and Gift Officer
Posted 4 months ago
Saint Ignatius College Prep
Job Title: Constituent Relations and Gift Officer
Status: Exempt-Full Time/Part Time
Summary: The Constituent Relations and Gift Officer is responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation and solicitation of major gifts from alumni, parents, and friends of the school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates and solicits major gift prospects, oftentimes visiting constituents outside of the Chicago area.
- Organizes and implements a planned giving marketing plan and creates promotional and stewardship planned giving pieces.
- Coordinates relationships with outside professionals involved in the creation and administration of planned giving vehicles, as appropriate.
- Keeps track of where each prospect is in the 7 step major gift process: prospect identification, research, and qualification, strategizing the approach, involving the prospect, making the ask, closing the solicitation, and after-solicitation follow-up.
- Reports, on a timely basis, on all progress towards accomplishing weekly, monthly, and annual objectives.
- Participates in the organization of reunion class gifts and solicits reunion gift prospects.
- Raises in excess of ten times annual salary and compensation each year.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- College degree and/or equivalent work experience preferred. 5 years of experience as a Gift Officer
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to achieve measurable goals and deadlines
- Must have high energy and excellent decision-making skills
- Must be comfortable interacting with diverse constituents and the greater public
- Must have excellent public speaking skills
- Proficient in Raisers Edge
(NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Administration reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel workload, or technological developments).