Vice President of Development
Posted 3 months ago
Vice President of DevelopmentBasic Function: The Vice President of Development reports to the President of Saint Ignatius and is responsible for the advancement of the school in the areas of development, alumni relations, and public relations.
- Manages the smooth functioning of the development office; provides supervision, leadership and guidance to the department; reviews and evaluates performance of the department members, and reviews the schedule for development, information systems, and publications and communications staff.
- Provides the president with annual and long-range plans for areas including but not limited to annual fund, major gifts, alumni relations, planned giving, donor recognition, donor research, and corporate and foundation relations.
- Cultivates and solicits major gifts from alumni, parents, and friends of the school.
- Assigns major benefactors and donor prospects to staff members; reviews cultivation and stewardship strategies.
- Works with trustees to coordinates their involvement in solicitation and acknowledgment of major gifts.
- Helps in school administrative issues such as compensation discussions with employees.
- Serves as the school’s liaison on the development and building and grounds committees of the board of trustees.
- Oversees community relations, i.e. to the neighborhood, the University of Illinois, City Hall.
- Works with the other principal officers of the school to support the president “of counsel” with them in the administration of the school.
- Acts as the key person in the design process for the rest of the school’s improvements in order to sustain the interest of major benefactors.