2021-2022 TOSA/Math Specialist
TEACH AT THE BEACH ! ! !
Lincoln County School District is seeking talented and amazing educators passionate about kids. Lincoln County School District is seeking a TOSA/Math Specialist at Lincoln County School District beginning 2021-2022.
PURPOSE: The primary purpose of this position is to improve and support school improvement and to foster a safe, supportive school culture of high expectations for all students; to perform student supervision and behavior management responsibilities; provide assistance in staff development; a TOSA may serve in a variety of different roles to support the district in meeting its goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Meets the standards of Competent and Ethical Performance as outlined in Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR 584-020-000 to 584-020-045). The following are examples of duties. However, any one position may not cover all duties listed; examples may not cover all duties an employee is expected to perform; and other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in implementing district school improvement initiatives.
- Assist administrators and staff in assessing schools’ instructional improvement needs.
- Prepare materials and recommend methods and procedures for use in classroom instruction.
- Work collaboratively with school personnel in meeting diverse social and academic needs of students.
- Support classroom teachers and administrators in AVID implementation.
- Conduct classroom observations with administrators.
- Serve as a resource to staff in modeling mathematics instructional strategies.
- Support mathematics instruction though print and online resources.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with diverse student, staff and community populations.
- Utilize technology as related to job responsibilities.
- Maintain and improve one’s own professional competence.
- Maintain appropriate certifications and training hours as required.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, district in-service meetings and committees as required.
- Attend work regularly.
- Knowledge of state and federal education laws and of student and staff rights.
- Reflect upon own teaching performance; take primary responsibility for pursuing and evaluating professional growth; and accept and use supervisory feedback.
- Participate in activities related to school functions and/or the education process that occur outside the regular workday, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
- Maintain competency in technology as related to job responsibilities.
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Collect, record, store, retrieve, assimilate, organize and use information and records electronically and by traditional methods.
The qualified applicant must have:
* appropriate licensure or the ability to obtain full licensure required. (If you do not currently have an Oregon license, please let us know how you plan to obtain licensure prior to the start of the position in lieu of a license)
* proficiency based teaching experience
* experience with standards based teaching, grading and rubric scoring
* a proven track record or experience increasing student achievement
Salary Range: $47,531 - $71,232 per year
*Posted salary based on a 191 day contract.
Benefits: Employer paid PERS, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance is pro-rated based on FTE.