Custodian II - Floater
Job Summary: The Custodian II is responsible for the repair, maintenance, cleanliness, and safety of the school building and grounds. The Custodian II's goal is to ensure that the school is clean and safe for students, staff, and members of the community. The Custodian II provides direct support to classroom teachers and building administrators in preparing the facility for classroom activities and campus events. This position may entail assignment to various buildings on a given day based on employee attendance and/or the need for assistance. The District is seeking to hire one Custodian II Floater to work a 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. shift.
- Must have High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED);
- Experience in custodial and building maintenance work preferred;
- Ability to learn schedules, procedures, and the use of tools and equipment used to clean and maintain buildings;
- Ability to learn the proper use of cleaning materials and disinfectants;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of custodians and the building administration;
- Ability to maintain constant, moderate physical effort, including walking, standing, reaching, stooping, climbing, lifting, pushing, and moving furniture, and other equipment;
- Ability to lift and push up to 50 pounds;
- Ability to react well under pressure, handle and balance multiple demands at one time, and work with frequent interruptions;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form;
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Starting salary of $14.23 per hour;
- The District offers a competitive benefits package.
- An employee assistance program if offered to employees and their immediate families.
Working Conditions: 12 month position
Cook County School District 130 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.