Job | Posted a month ago
Hours: 8:00-4:30 PM
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated record of successful employment.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in buildings and grounds maintenance work.
- Previous experience in Maintenance or Grounds of Sylvania Schools or other school districts preferred.
- Skilled in the use of tools and terms used in building construction and maintenance trades.
- Possess the fundamentals of carpentry, painting, electrical work, plumbing and shop practices, boiler operation/maintenance, and roof repairs.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Must successfully pass a physical assessment including a material handling lift test up to 60 pounds. (Test must be scheduled within 24 hours of being awarded this position.)
- Must have a valid Building Operator Certificate (BOC)--Level I or Level II.
- Must hold one of the following:
- A valid HVAC Universal certificate (from approved EPA Certified Organization).
- A Journeyman Electrical Certificate
- A Journeyman Plumber Certificate.
- Must have a Certified Pool/Spa Operator Certificate from the NSPF (National Swimming Pool Foundation or be willing to attend training to receive the certificate within the first 6 months of employment.
- Able to operate automotive equipment safely and in accordance with traffic laws.
- Able to perform heavy manual labor.
- Communication skills required.
- Able to get along with co-workers, supervisors, and school employees.
- Experience in dealing with Building Automation Systems (BAS) Front End Systems and Direct Digital Controls (DDC).
- Must complete all training as required by Sylvania Schools and/or the Ohio Department of Education.
- Perform in assigned specific craft such as electrical, plumbing, heating, welding, sheet metal, carpentry, painting, roofing; i.e., to assist in general or emergency repairs.
- Perform general repairs on boilers, temperature control systems, and air conditioning.
- Daily maintenance of the swimming pool (including safe use of chemicals).
- Work from ladder, scaffolding, or other safe and approved methods of assent.
- Attend in-service training classes and professional meetings when scheduled.
- Recommend better ways of doing daily tasks.
- Carry out all preventive maintenance functions assigned.
- When needed, plow snow from district parking lots & walks; spread salt to the same.
- Confer with school principals on their needs and relate back to the Director of Facilities and Operations.
- Responsible to enter personal absences on AESOP and Time Clock Plus.
- Responsible to check your district email account on a regular basis, and to communicate as needed via district email.
- Perform such other tasks and assume such other responsibilities as necessary to assure the successful daily operation of the Facilities and Operations Department.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissue
- Ability to work from a ladder and/or scaffold or other safe means of assent.