Data Analyst 2021-2022
Job Title: Data Analyst
Reports To: Director of Student Data Management
Compensation: $45,000-$50,000 base /$10,000 bonus
This position ensures the accuracy of schoolwide data, assists with the design of solutions for managing and summarizing information related to school records, and facilitates the timely and accurate production of reports for all departments/school personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain, analyze, and report on all areas of school information, including (but not limited to) assessment data, enrollment records, student demographics, performance, and program services
- Verify accuracy and integrity of records, filter, and clean data
- Facilitate the production of departmental as well as state and federal reports. Assist with data collection, analysis, and summarization
- Work with management to prioritize information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- No supervisory responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; technical, IT, or quantitative field preferred
- Experience in data analysis, visualization, or integration
- Knowledge of database structures
- Strong research abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to present effectively and persuasively
- Relationship-building and relationship management skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with stakeholders over the phone
- Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
- Strong attention to detail, dependability, and follow-through
- Resolve issues and conflicts
- Passionate commitment to the mission of school choice
- Ability to maintain professional confidentiality and comply with FERPA guidelines
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret internal communications, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from families or members of the business community. Ability to communicate effectively with students, families, and coworkers, both verbally and in writing.
Basic math skills required
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver's license and valid car insurance
- Software specific certifications preferred
- Must be able to pass a state-mandated background check after a conditional offer of employment is made
- Must have favorable employment references
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The person in this position works remotely from their home. Meetings in public places and at Epic offices are also required. The noise level is usually quiet to moderately loud (when students are present.)