Description: Performs professional work providing a broad range of teaching services or specific learning program, assisting students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed as a foundation for future learning in accordance with each student's ability, using a variety of teaching and learning methods. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Principal.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, teaching or related field
- NC Teaching License
- Employment conditional upon NC Teacher Licensure
Salary: Based on North Carolina Teaching Salary Schedule.
Reports to: Principal
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials providing effective teaching strategies.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences in a classroom environment conducive to learning using a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Creates a classroom environment that responds to the needs of individual learners.
- Maintains effective classroom management, recognizes and addresses learning and behavior issues.
- Plans and implements a program of study designed to meet individual students needs.
- Understand developmental appropriateness of materials and differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
- Evaluates accomplishments of students on a regular basis using multiple assessment methods; provides progress and interim reports for feedback.
- Communicates with parents in a timely manner; maintains positive and constructive communication with students, staff, parents and community.
- Protects students, equipment, materials and facilities taking necessary and reasonable precautions.
- Upholds and enforces board policy, district goals, administrative procedures and school rules and regulations. Adheres to health and safety policies.
- Maintains appropriate work habits, including regular and punctual attendance and appropriate use of conference and planning time.
- Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory; Attends workshops, seminars and conferences as well as staff, department, curricular development and committee meetings and staff-development session as required.
- Respects the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics and state and federal laws.
- Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of students in areas of the school.
- Ability to perform non-instructional duties as assigned.