IT Support Technician
This position is responsible for the service and support of the technologies that define current and future academic environments within District 200. It is firmly aligned with the concept of customer service, responsiveness, and follow-up. This position will also be responsible for projects involving Chromebook repairs and roll out of new device.This position reports to the Support Services Manager.
- Requires knowledge of computer technology and information management concepts typically acquired by completion of an Associate or Bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other closely related field
- Requires at least one-year experience supporting desktops, laptops, Chromebooks, Macs and related peripheral devices including printers and scanners.
- Requires a thorough understanding of desktop, laptop and Chromebook technologies.
- Requires a fundamental knowledge of network connectivity and configuration for both wired and wireless devices. These may include hand held devices such as the IPad and smart phones.
- Requires knowledge in standard Google G-Suite technologies.
- The ability to interpret technical documentation and procedures.
- Ability to set up, operate, maintain and repair personal computers, peripherals and systems.
- Extensive knowledge of standard desktop software as well as a fundamental knowledge of web based applications.
- Ability to perform hardware and software upgrades/configurations on personal computers and similar devices.
- Organization skills necessary to coordinate the completion of tasks independently as well as with others to meet established deadlines.
- Requires excellent customer relations skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Requires interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate effectively with district staff and vendors.
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with all staff.
- Ability to communicate clearly and establish an effective working relationship with clients and coworkers.
- Keeps current with computer technology through formal and informal methods.
- Competent in computer and peripherals’ hardware troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Provides Chromebook repair support (batteries, screens, keyboards etc) for chromebook devices
- Delivers, configures, installs, and inventories chromebooks devices for the district.
- Performs hardware maintenance with repairs done in house.
- Works with dept ordering staff to have supplies on hand for Chromebooks
- Tests all hardware and software prior to releasing to the user.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear; stand; walk; operate a computer and reach with hands and arms and will frequently repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion such as typing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision at a video display terminal or monitor. The employee may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds such as boxes of computers, printers and scanners.
The noise level in the work environment is standard with some mechanical room noise.