VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is now accepting applications for Guest Teachers (Substitutes) for the 2021-2022 school year.
JOB SUMMARY: The Guest Teacher is responsible to the building administrators and the Human Resources Department for providing instruction, managing the classroom environment, and promoting student learning in the absence of the regular classroom teacher.
- A State of Illinois (PEL) Professional Educator License is preferred, but may hold a State of Illinois Substitute Teaching License (SUB)
- Assumes all duties and responsibilities of the regular teacher in a given day. Long-term substitutes may also be required to attend staff meetings, parent conferences, etc.
- Responsible for supervising students at all times.
- Carries out written plans left by the regular teacher for the day's lessons and routines such as, but not limited to: maintaining discipline, monitoring halls during passing period, completing other supervisions such as lunch duty.
- Records pupil absences according to school procedures.
- Maintains a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Leaves a clear, written summary for the teacher of the work covered and other relevant comments.
- Performs duties during planning periods as requested by teacher or school administrator.
- Enforces and supports District and School policies, philosophies and objectives with students and parents.
- Completes survey at the end of the day, checks out with authorized personnel prior to leaving at the end of the day.
- Demonstrates professionalism, critical-thinking, problem-solving, and creativity skills and exhibits.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to effectively use technology.
- Effectively uses verbal, nonverbal, writing and listening skills.
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record and is punctual.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply on line at http://www.vvsd.org/.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: The deadline for receiving applications is open until filled. Interviews with selected applicants will be on an as needed basis.