21/22 SY Bilingual (English/Spanish) SPED Aide
Job | Posted 4 months ago
DR. JAMES MITCHEM EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER
BILINGUAL (English/Spanish) SPECIAL EDUCATION AIDE
VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is seeking an individual to fill a full-time Bilingual (English/Spanish) SPED Aide position at the Dr. James Mitchem Early Childhood Center for the 2021/2022 school year.JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting the teacher in a variety of semi-instructional tasks; to work primarily in a general educational setting, providing support to a student with significant disabilities within the classroom and around the building; would also assist with communication, scheduling and modifications of curriculum; may require toileting, feeding and lifting of students.
- Knowledge of curriculum materials and instructional techniques
- Initiative to follow through with assigned tasks
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; Bilingual English/Spanish required
- A physical exam and negative T.B. test are required
- Must have a Paraprofessional, Teaching or Substitute Teaching license registered with the Will County Regional Office of Education
- Ability to foster positive student-teacher communication
- Computer literate preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work year for this position 185 days. The salary is paid in accordance with the current teacher aide salary schedule.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply online at www.vvsd.org and upload a letter of application with resume, current transcripts (if applicable), and three (3) letters of recommendation, dated within the last twelve (12) months.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: The deadline for receiving applications is Until Filled. Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable.