Art Teacher, Anticipated
QUALIFICATIONS: As set by the State certification requirements (042)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bilingual, English and Spanish
REPORTS TO: Principal/Director or designee
SUPERVISES: Teacher aides and volunteers assigned
JOB GOAL: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
- Prepares and carries out plans for instruction which, as much as possible, meet the individual needs, interest, and abilities of students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are appropriate, with consideration given to resources available, teacher program load, and other relevant conditions.
- Utilizes available computer technology in instructional settings.
- Evaluates and follows up on student progress on a regular basis.
- Emphasizes competency in the basic skills.
- Maintains a classroom environment conductive to instruction and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Establishes a positive climate for learning; encourages students to do well and to develop a degree of responsibility for learning.
- Consults, as necessary, with colleagues, students, and parents to improve student learning; as deemed necessary seeks assistance of school specialists for students with special learning disabilities.
- Assist the administration in implementing policies, rules, and regulations covering student life and conduct.
- Develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedures and maintains order in the classroom.
- Seeks to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Performs such other related tasks as the principal may from time to time assign.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten month year. Salary and work year are determined by the Board of Education and the Teachers’ Bargaining Unit.
New London Public School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Candidates from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.