2021/22 Elementary School Registrar
Job | Posted a month ago
Regardless of what decisions are reached in order to open our campuses and operations, we must ask that all applicants, new employees, and current staff be prepared for
possible variations in campus assignments, hours of operations, and modifications to job duties among other considerations.
Any of these possible changes may not be known until we move into the school year and certainly will depend upon any developments in managing COVID -19 restrictions and recommendations.
To ensure the smooth and efficient operation of an organized registrar’s office in order to coordinate the student body and staff toward the pursuit of maximizing quality student education.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Maintain physical and computerized records including student cumulative folders, coordinate grading process, verification and correction of grades, progress and failure reports, test scores, scheduling, and student transfer process.
- Process new student records, including requesting records from other schools, setting up cumulative folder, and entering information into student database.
- Generate withdrawal records for withdrawing students, notify affected personnel.
- Collect, enter and maintain attendance into student database including the update of parent/doctor notes, daily attendance summary, six weeks attendance reports, and verify accuracy, according to established procedures.
- Prepare student data and teacher data for PEIMS reporting, verify for accuracy.
- Assist campus administration with preparation of reports and student data information.
- Review legal documents and identify legal requirements that affect students while at school.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Experience in administrative or accounting support work in office setting, preferably in public education environment.
- Knowledge of basic office software including Excel.
- Skills in accuracy in data entry and file maintenance.
- Ability to communicate effectively; manage multiple priorities and projects; use computer and application software; work well within a team; and maintain accurate and auditable records.
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Frequently communicates with other employees or public. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit.
- Ability to compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone, computer or other electronic device.
- Use standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals.
- Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer