Bus Driver @ Ayden Middle
Pitt County Schools Job Description
Position Title: School Bus Driver
Reports To: Bus Supervisor
Supervises: No One
General Statement of Duties: Performs duties of transporting students in accordance with Federal Laws, State Laws, and Pitt County Board of Education Policy.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to meet legal and physical requirements of North Carolina School Bus Certification and Pitt County Board of Education Policy.
- Ability to operate and maneuver a school bus with proficiency
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels; (i.e., administrative, parents, students and the general public).
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations
- Ability to earn the respect of students of all ages and deal sensitively with their needs
Education and Special Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL), with a school bus “S” restriction.
- Must be able to successfully complete a medical examination, meeting standards set forth by the School Bus & Traffic Safety Section of the NC Division of Motor Vehicles and Pitt County Schools.
- Must be able to successfully complete Physical Performance Evaluation, meeting standards set forth by the School Bus & Traffic Safety Section of the NC Division of Motor Vehicles and Pitt County Schools.
Term of Employment: 180 days (School Year Calendar)
Probationary Periods: Initial employment 90 days
- Drive a school bus safely and professionally
- Maintain order and discipline of students assigned to the school bus in accordance to the Pitt County Board of Education Policy pertaining to Discipline and School Code of Conduct.
- Complete daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the school bus notifying the transportation department immediately of defects before the bus is moved, except to prevent immediate injury or loss of life.
- Complies with all Federal Laws, State Laws and Local Rules, Regulations and Policies.
- Maintains logs and completes reports as requested
- Participates in training and workshops
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.