OFFICIAL TITLE: Teacher
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten (10) Months
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Provides appropriate instruction in a safe and orderly environment conducive to learning; provides faculty leadership and support to administration for the school curriculum and instructional process.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the student.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate administrator.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and--in harmony with the goals--establishes clear objectives for all units, projects, and the like, to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis and seeks the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for paraprofessionals and volunteer(s), and evaluates their performance.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Abides by all Code of Ethics for Educators and Board policies.
- Maintains a pattern of prompt and regular attendance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors degree and completed state-approved educator preparation program or have an out-of-state certificate.
CERTIFICATE AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: Valid Georgia teaching certificate or be eligible for certification.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Designated students, paraprofessionals, and volunteers.
REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.