Special Education Teacher (OE) - Leave Cover - (8/16/21-12/22/21)
COMPENSATION: $125 per day for the first ten (10) consecutive days, $150 per day for the duration of the assignment.
ANTICIPATED DURATION: 08/16/21 - 11/09/21
- A valid/registered Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with LBS I endorsement preferred, valid/registered PEL, Educator License with Stipulations endorsed as a Paraprofessional and Bachelor's Degree, or Substitute Teacher License required.
- Recent special education teaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of current teaching techniques for students with disabilities
- Ability to write & implement Individual Education Plans (IEP’s)
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, families, team members, and others.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Special Education Teacher provides direct services to students with disabilities from ages 3-21 and collaboratively consults with general and special education staff members for the benefit of those students. The special education teacher manages a caseload of students with disabilities and functions as an individualized education program (IEP) team member to determine a student’s eligibility for special education services and appropriate programming, as well as on-going progress monitoring.
- Provide collaborative consultation to staff regarding the implementation of MTSS prereferral intervention strategies.
- Provide additional consultation to staff during team meetings, common planning times,building committees, and district committees.
- Screen and evaluate students using appropriate instruments, conduct observations, and write reports which state the evaluation findings and provide for educational program recommendations.
- Re-evaluate students with disabilities as recommended by the IEP team.
- Submit records, reports and assignments promptly and efficiently.
- Participate as an IEP team member by contributing evaluation findings and collaborating on the development and implementation of students’ individualized educational plans.
- Work cooperatively with staff to accomplish students’ IEP goals and benchmarks.
- Manage a caseload of students with disabilities
- Provide individualized instruction to students with disabilities.
- Consult with the classroom teachers and other providers of caseload students
- Maintain appropriate data on students to document current levels of performance and other pertinent information.
- Monitor student progress on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Consult with parents, teachers, and other appropriate staff regarding the student’s performance in the classroom or at home.
- Participate in activities that promote professional development.
- Support and implement District policies and procedures, regulations, and administrative directives.
- Adhere to the ethical standards and codes of the profession and to the established rules, regulations, and laws governing special education.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective teaching and learning.