This position is responsible for implementing instructions to students to provide academic, social, physical, and skills development to prepare them to be healthy and successful citizens.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Instructs students by lecturing, demonstrating, and using audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations.
• Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
• Assigns lesson and corrects homework.
• Administers tests to evaluate pupil progress, records results, and issues reports to inform parents of progress.
• Keeps an attendance record.
• Maintains discipline in classroom.
• Meets with parents to discuss student progress and problems.
• Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2 years teaching experience in urban schools (Preferred)
• Valid Tennessee teacher’s license with appropriate endorsement in the grade/subject taught
Please send your resume and cover letter to: