Supervisor: Shop Foreman/ Director of Transportation
Hourly Rate: $15.30 - $16.52/hour (depending on experience)
Schedule: Hours to be determine; 12 month position; 40 hours per week
Start Date: May 1, 2021, may start prior for training
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
Perform minor repairs to upholstery; modify seat belt devices. Transports students in a positive and safe manner at all times to and from school and/or field trip locations. Adheres to safety rules of the school district, and complies with commercial driver’s license regulatory requirements at all times.
- Repairs or replaces upholstery of buses and vehicles, furniture and equipment.
- Measures new padding and covering materials, and cuts them to required dimensions, using knife, shears or other upholstery equipment.
- Adjusts or replaces seat springs and ties them in place.
- Fits covering to seat frame and secures it with glue and tacks.
- Modifies seat belt restraint devices for special education students.
- Coordinates with Safety Coordinator to ensure seat belt restraints are compliant with safety standards
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific training or job experience required before appointment
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Valid Arizona CDL Class B license with school bus certification or Instructional permit required (training provided).
- Must be knowledgeable of First Aid Procedures.
- Must be able to communicate, read and understand traffic signs and information.
- Must be able to physically operate all required aspects of the assigned vehicle.
- IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Requires a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass state-required physical exam prior to appointment of hire.
- Random testing will be enforces as part of commercial driver’s license regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a current and valid commercial driver’s license at all times.
- Must complete six and one half hours (6 ½) of refresher training every 24 months.
- Must pass PPT every 24 months.
- Is subject to screening of illicit drugs or alcohol upon any accident.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves the performance of duties where physical exertion and movement is required to perform aspects of the job. Assistance is available as required to perform physically demanding tasks. Work involves sitting and moving for extended periods of time, requires moving from one location to another, reaching, bending, crawling, holding and grasping objects. Verbal communication ability required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Indoor and outdoor environment. Manages all job duties with the mobility, agility, dexterity, and focused observation it takes to meet standards of performance. Moderate environmental conditions and noise levels. Prolonged periods of sitting, squatting, bending, kneeling and crawling. Must be able to handle stressful situations calmly and with consideration of other persons.
Information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position, and additional duties may be assigned.
Thank you for your interest in the Flagstaff Unified School District. Please submit a complete application. Education information must be included in the application. Complete work history needed for proper placement on the salary schedule. If this information is not complete, your application will be returned. All applicants (including current district employees) must submit a complete online application.
Current Internal candidates, please contact Human Resources @ HR@fusd1.org for hourly rate information. Years of service and grade movement (up or down) will be considered.
All employees are subject to a criminal background check. The Flagstaff Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to race, color, religion, gender expression, sexual orientation, military status, age, national origin, or disability. Offers of employment, contingent upon funding.