Long-Term Substitute Social Studies / Math Teacher (Grades 7&8)
Job | Posted 10 days ago
Mississinawa Valley Junior High School is seeking a two month substitute teacher for the fall of 2021 in Social Studies (5 units) and 8th grade math (1 unit). Candidate will be expected to be proficient in:
- Lesson planning – the regular education teacher will leave detailed instructions for a long term substitute teacher, and will be available for clarification if needed. The Candidate will be responsible for communication with the regular education teacher through various formats, including accessing curriculim through Google Classroom and posting grades on ProgressBook.
- Instructional delivery – Candidate will provide timely and appropriate instruction in 7/8 Social Studies and in 8th grade Math to ensure that they can successfully instruct students and answer questions dealign with the above subject matter.
- Classroom management – Candidate needs to be able to successfully manage the classroom and determine when disciplinary action is necessary. Communication of clear and acceptable behaviors, including following and enforcing the student handbook, and communication with the JH and HS Principal.
- Communication – Candidate needs to be an effective communicator, including being able to work with teachers, administrators, and parents to ensure student success via email phone calls and in-person conferencing.
- Flexibility – Candidate needs a high level of flexibility, and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances on an as-needed basis during the regular school day.