Nutrition Service Worker (Part-Time)
POSITION: Nutrition Service Worker-Cashier/Dishwashing
Hourly Rate of Pay: $15.30 per hour
Position responsible for providing support in all aspects of preparing and serving school meals.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in food preparation as assigned.
- Serve food in the correct portions by adhering to the production records and standardized recipes.
- Set up food on serving lines in a timely manner.
- Adhere to the District’s HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) plan.
- Follow all sanitation and safety processes and standards.
- Wash, sanitize, and store kitchen equipment and utensils according to district processes.
- Perform cashier duties based on defined procedures, when assigned.
- Support and promote the meal programs offered at the site.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- High School degree or equivalent education.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Attend and pass Fundamentals I and II and Sanitation and Safety course within one year of employment.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work independently.
- Positive teamwork skills.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including email, Internet navigation and Microsoft Word.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance
- Ability to pass Nutrition Services fitness for duty tests.
- Ability to provide quality customer service to students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
1. Experience in a food service environment.
2. Knowledge of food production, serving and clean-up skills.