Coordinator, Special Services
The Special Education Coordinator will assist the Director and Assistant Director of Special Services in the areas of building level administration, budget development, and the effective management of special education resources. The position is responsible for ensuring compliance with established special education policies, procedures, and/or regulations, understanding and disseminating information on the instructional needs of Milford School District’s special education students, and the monitoring of data to make informed decisions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of Milford School District and administration, policies and procedures, goals and priorities, assessment programs, and state and federal regulations, particularly IDEA, Part A of ESEA.
- Knowledge of research and scientifically-based instructional methods as required by NCLB.
- Extensive knowledge of current research of school improvement practices and methods for raising student achievement.
- Ability to work effectively with central office administrators, school-based administrators, teachers, instructional specialists, and support staff members to implement, monitor, and evaluate extended learning programs.
- Excellent planning, organizational, management, and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare reports, papers, and presentations that include effective data displays and analysis of progress. Outstanding teaching and leadership required, including assessing program needs, professional development, and program implementation.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 to 5 years experience as a special education administrator and/or special education teacher preferred. Experience as a related service provider will be considered.
- Certified or certifiable by the New Hampshire State Department of Education as an Administrator and/or special education teacher is required.
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field required.
CERTIFICATE AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
Certified or certifiable by the New Hampshire State Department of Education as an Administrator and/or Special Education Teacher is required.