Job Title: Reading/Math Interventionist Status: Exempt
Reports to: Principal Job Type: Professional
Dept. / School: Wilder Intermediate Pay Grade: Teacher Pay Scale
Grade: 5th - 6th Days/Date(s): 187 (08/06/2020 - 05/27/2021)
- EC-6 Teacher Certificate or equivalent required
- ESL Certification required
- Reading Specialist Certification preferred
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Extensive training in reading and math curriculum and instructional strategies
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the Response to Intervention Process and best practices
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Facilitating teacher learning
- Data Collection and analysis
- Campus leadership experience
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Collaborate with teachers to assist in development of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Provide model lessons/team-teach on areas of instructional focus.
- Present content and strategies to school staff.
- Assist principal in identifying campus problem areas in the curriculum and instruction.
- Interprets, as appropriate, test results and statistical data concerning reading to the administration, staff and public at large.
- Interprets student needs and progress in reading remediation to the classroom teacher and the parents.
- Assist campus teams in evaluation of curriculum implementation.
- Provide support services for students experiencing reading and math difficulties through Response to Intervention.
- Evaluate students for strengths and weaknesses in reading and math.
- Participate in development of 504 and ARD accommodation and modification plans.
- Plan, demonstrate, and co-teach with classroom teachers.
- Serve as a resource for professional materials and instructional strategies/materials.
- Participate in position-related professional development.
- Provide support for family reading and math opportunities/other campus reading and math initiatives.
- Work closely with parents to assist students with reading and math difficulties.
- Meet with district content coordinators for reading and math consistently and communicate information to campus staff.
- Devises and maintains such records and reports as are necessary to the successful execution of the job.
- Perform other duties as suggested by campus principal and district content coordinators..
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Occasional prolonged or irregular hours. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment. Daily attendance and punctuality at work on time every day are essential functions of the job.
Employee Signature Date
Supervisor Signature Date