Job Title: Instructional Aide Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Reports to: Principal and Teacher Assigned Pay Grade: Instructional Support
Dept./School: Assigned Campus and level
High School diploma
Must have 48 college hours or be considered highly qualified through completion of a state approved program.
Ability to work cooperatively with others and maintain a positive attitude in the work environment
Ability to use good judgement in problem-solving and decision-making
Use time productively
Ability to follow district policies and procedures
Ability to accept supervisory direction and desire to improve job skills
Ability to demonstrate tact, courtesy and helpfulness in dealing with staff, students, parents, and visitors to the school
Prior experience working with children, preferably in an instructional setting
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Work with individual students or small groups to reinforce learning material or skills
introduced by the teacher.
2. Operate and cares for equipment or instructional materials used in the classroom for
3. Help student master equipment or instructional materials assigned by the teacher.
4. Distribute and collect workbooks, papers, and/or instructional materials as directed by the
5. Guide independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work as assigned by the teacher.
6. Assist with the supervision of students during meals, emergency drills, assemblies, play
periods or field trips.
7. Assist with supervision of daily routines and schedules.
8. Provide information and assistance to a substitute teacher should one be assigned.
9. Participate in appropriate staff development as required to ensure professional growth.
10. Participate in staff meeting, committee meetings, or ARD meetings as required by job
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Copier, personal computer, Type writer, and audio visual equipment.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Moderate standing, stooping, bending, and lifting
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.