Monroe City Schools is committed to excellence in teaching and learning. We hold high expectations for all students, parents, and staff members. We share, with our community, the responsibility for providing a safe, nurturing environment designed to prepare students to become productive citizens. We pledge all available resources to prepare students to live and work in a rapidly changing, technological society. The most valuable resource we offer students centers on dynamic, creative educators, driven to foster academic, social, and emotional growth in each student. If you're on a mission to make a positive difference in students' lives, join the momentum we are building in Monroe City Schools.
Applying for this position will place you in the Music Teaching pool for positions that may occur throughout Monroe City Schools at the elementary school level for the 2021-2022 school year. If your certification qualifies you for other grades, please apply for those positions also.
Responsibilities for Elementary School Teachers Include Effective and Appropriate:
- Classroom Management
- Professional Development
- School Improvement
- Professional Qualities and Characteristics, such as:
- Positive Attitude
- Respect for students, families, and colleagues
- Effective spoken and written communication
- Adherence to school and district policies, routines, and procedures
- Precise recordkeeping
Qualifications for Elementary School Teachers Include:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from accredited university,
- Louisiana teacher certification or ability to obtain certification before position begins, or
- Acceptance into approved alternative certification program.
- Complete background check
- Drug screen
- Ability to perform the above responsibilities