Summer School Nurse
Roaring Fork School Distrci seeks School Nurse for Extended School Year (ESY)
This program serves about 44 students during Summer. ESY focuses on some academics, recreation and social activities for students that are in Special Education.
- Serving as consultants with other school professionals about the health needs of students
- Providing health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings
- Overseeing infection control measures at Extended School Year (ESY)
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures, and the maintain of healthcare plans
- Making decisions related to the delegation of healthcare tasks as directed by state laws and professional practice guidance
- Assisting families with locating outside care and obtaining health insurance
ESY will be running Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 9 am to 12 pm.
The dates will be June 22, 2021 to July 22, 2021.
The locations will be:
- Crystal River Elementary School,
- Glenwood Springs Elementary School
- Glenwood Springs High School.
Pay Range $27.00 per hourQualifications:
Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing or a closely-related field. (RN or above, BSN preferred)
Ability to be licensed through the Colorado Department of Education as a School Nurse.
The Roaring Fork School District (RFSD) offers full district paid employee health benefits as well as voluntary vision, dental, and dependent coverage. Other benefits include: paid leave, CO PERA (pension plan) enrollment with district contribution, TSA options, Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs.
With 13 schools and 5,600 students, the Roaring Fork School District is located in the culturally vibrant and naturally stunning Roaring Fork Valley serving the communities of Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, and Basalt. The Roaring Fork Schools believe that teachers are our most important asset, and our teachers enjoy a true teacher voice in decision-making; clear and collaborative leadership; small class sizes (average - 21); a highly competitive and progressive salary schedule; access to our affordable housing program; and a culture of self-care and well-being. We believe diversity is a strength, and our staff makes a real difference for our students who come from different ethnicities, cultures, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Why Work for Roaring Fork Schools? Mary says it all! Check us out at: https://youtu.be/nYEsuFVucJ8