Asst. Instructional / Discretionary (Potential Openings)
Job | Posted 4 months ago
Job Title: Asst. Instructional / Discretionary
Job Type: Paraprofessional
Dept./School: Various Jr. High Campuses
Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Reports to: Principal and Teacher(s) Assigned
Pay Grade: C1: $10.63 - $13.28
Grade(s) / Level: 7th - 8th
Days/Dates: 187 (08/05/2021 - 05/27/2022)
Assist teacher in preparation and management of classroom activities and administrative requirements. Work under supervision of certified teacher.
- High school diploma or GED
- 48 college hours or have met formal academic assessment as required by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Valid Texas educational aide certificate
- Must pass a pre-employment physical examination
- Ability to work well and interact with children
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Some experience working with children
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
- Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher; work with individual students or small groups.
- Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
- Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Participate in faculty meeting and special events as assigned.
- Perform duties in areas as assigned by the principal.
- Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
- Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Frequent walking
- Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (up to 60 pounds); may lift and move text books and classroom equipment
- Environment: Work inside, may work inside and outside; regular exposure to noise
- Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
Employee Signature Date
Supervisor Signature Date