Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant
TITLE: LEARNING DISABILITIES TEACHER-CONSULTANT
NJ DOE Certification as LDT-C REQUIRED.
Previous High School CST experience preferred.
Excellent communication and collaboration skills REQUIRED.
No phone calls. No emails.
To initiate, implement, develop, and evaluate Child Study Team services and programs as per N.J.A.C. Administrative Code Title 6A: Chapter 14.
- Completes all functions required of a Child Study Team member.
- Conducts and interprets educational evaluations utilizing a variety of assessments.
- Interprets and evaluates independently administered educational assessments as well as state and local group assessments.
- Provides consultation to staff and parents regarding best instructional practices and classroom management.
- Works collaboratively with staff in order to determine student eligibility as well as appropriate programs and services.
- Completes Individualized Education Programs (IEP) for students identified as eligible for special education and/or related services.
- Monitors student progress as it relates to classroom performance, grades, behavior and IEP goals.
- Serves as a liaison to classroom teachers, paraprofessionals, and related services providers.
- Maintains confidential records on all referred students.
- Functions as a case manager for classified students.
- Participates on the school’s Intervention and Referral Services Team.
- Provides thorough and timely reports, data, and other related information to the Supervisor of Special Services and the Director of Student Support Services.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned by the Director of Student Support Services.
Approved: 12-20-12 # H-13-18