SACC Supervisor (Barrington & Wickliffe)
UPPER ARLINGTON CITY SCHOOLS
Position: School-Age Child Care Supervisor
Barrington (.5 FTE)
Wickliffe (.5 FTE)
Reports to: SACC Coordinator and SACC Director
Employment Status: Regular/Part-time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Description: Responsible for the implementation and management of his/her site, directs and evaluates the performance of the assistant supervisor(s) and program aides.
Probationary Period: 120 days
Hours: 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
NOTE: The below lists are not ranked in order of importance
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Degree in elementary education, early child education, or other related field is preferred.
- 2000 hours of documented related experience or 90 quarter/60 semester hours of successfully completed course work at an accredited college or university can be considered for this position.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with others
- Ability to communicate ideas and directives clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective active listening skills
- Ability to manage children in small & large groups
- Can understand and identify the individual needs of children in the program and adapt expectations and practices accordingly
- Such alternatives to the above required knowledge skills and abilities as the Supervisor and/or Board of Education may find appropriate
- Prepares a monthly calendar of age-appropriate activities revolving around a unit/theme for the day, week, month, and posts for staff and parents.
- Delegates responsibilities to staff members regarding all activities and required duties of the program.
- Accurately records and supervises the arrival/dismissal of each child.
- Maintains and secures updated files of children enrolled.
- Follows tracking of children policy and management of all permission forms accordingly.
- Oversees snack preparation and serving
- Orders all necessary equipment and supplies, and keeps in good working condition.
- Orders food for snack including management of milk counts and submits to food service.
- Attends staff development opportunities.
- Conducts monthly site planning meetings.
- Attends SACC Director monthly staff meetings.
- Manages the calculation of time sheet summary accurately. Submits payroll to central office, and copy to SACC Coordinator.
- Daily set/up clean up of program.
- Interacts positively, using constructive guidance in appropriate social interactions and expected standards of behavior. Documents all pertinent concerns.
- Enforces SACC policy.
- Will conduct fire, tornado and safety drills (lockdown) accordingly and submit to the Site Coordinator.
- Will complete and maintain all Incident/Injury reporting of minor and serious injuries.
- Will administer medication to a child if applicable on the required form.
- Directs on-site supervision of all staff and children including appropriate disciplinary documentation records.
- Communicates with Site Coordinator regarding site or staff problems that cannot be resolved on site.
- Supervises the care and nurturing of children in a safe and welcoming environment.
- Responsible for on-site training and staff needs.
- Indoor/Outdoor recreational activities using both small and large muscles are supervised daily.
- Greets and interacts with parents daily, sharing positive information about a child whenever possible.
- Monthly newsletters given to each family, SACC Director, and other sites.
- Interacts with parents, children, school personnel, and SACC staff in a positive, professional, and cooperative manner.
- Ensure the safety and engagement of children in assigned activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Copy machine
- Telephone/cellular phone
- Projector TV
- Other office equipment as needed
- Occasional exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue
- Exposure to loud noises
- Interactions with unruly children
- Interruption of duties by students, visitors, staff and/or telephoning
- Occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull various items up to a maximum of 25 pounds, e.g., paper boxes, deliveries of supplies and equipment
- Frequently move and position self as necessary to access and operate equipment
- Frequently move around workspace and travel throughout school building and/or school district
This job description is subject to change and in no manner states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the incumbent. The incumbent will be required to follow the instructions and perform the duties required by the incumbent’s supervisor and or appointing authority.