Extra Duty- High School Head Coach - Football
Posting Date: April 8, 2021
Application Deadline: In-District Bargaining Unit Members April 12, 2021, 5 pm. If position is not filled with a bargaining unit member, outside applicants will be considered thereafter until filled.
Projected Start Date: Exact date to be determined by the district.
High School Head Coach - Football
Barlow High School
JOB TITLE: Head Coach - High School
The position of "Head Coach - High School" is done for the purpose of using leadership, supervisory and administrative skills for the overall direction, coordination, and coaching of the assigned sport for the development of each student.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be familiar, and comply, with all school, district, league, and OSAA rules
- Be responsible for coordination of all practices and equitable use of facilities
- Analyze, demonstrate and explain basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of the sport to the participants, and where appropriate, to the parents
- Assist in the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of all assistant coaches and volunteers as appropriate and approved for the program
- In conjunction with the Athletic Director, check and approve all schedules for the program
- Enforce the program policies, and recommend policy changes to the appropriate administrator
- Communicates effectively with parents within the program, and with other staff members
- Motivates assistant coach and volunteer performance and enhances morale
- In conjunction with the Athletic Director, in-service staff as to medical procedures for injured participants
- Knows, models and enforces appropriate policies, rules, and regulations concerning sportsmanship
- Maintains a commitment to ongoing growth of self and others
- Cooperates with administration and other staff in maintaining eligibility rosters
- When appropriate, works with others for the promotion of fund-raising and grant applications for the program
- Maintains equipment and supplies inventory and holds staff and students responsible for those supplies and equipment
- In conjunction with the Athletic Director, orders additional or replacement equipment, as appropriate and approved
- Manages the ASB and district budgets for the sport
- Supervises and manages site operation to assure safety and efficiency
- Maintains appropriate and accurate staff and student records
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment
- Coordinates a variety of campus events
- As needed, acts as a contributing member of district wide committees
- Prompt and regular attendance
Other Job Functions:
- Cooperates in the arrangement of school-level public relations and publicity for special events and achievements as appropriate
- Establish, coordinate and maintain communication with community and parent groups
- Demonstrates positive attitude toward job and remains a flexible and innovative team builder
Essential Job Requirements - Qualifications:
- Experience Required: Prior job related experience in appropriate sport/activity and/or coaching
- Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required: Skills to work with coaches and students. Knowledge of district policies and procedures regarding co-curricular activities. Abilities to follow oral and written instructions, work independently with minimal supervision, perform a variety of tasks, adjust to flexible assignments (some night work), and communicate with students, staff and parents.
- Education Required: High School diploma or equivalent
- Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: Valid Driver’s License and evidence of insurability, Criminal Justice Fingerprinting Clearance, Current First Aid Card, and Bloodborne Pathogen Training. ASEP (American Sport Education Program) Certification.
Applicants with culturally diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
*Applications must be submitted to Frontline Recruiting and Hiring by the closing date in order to be considered for the position.
Gresham-Barlow School District recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of this district and the board of education that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups in any educational programs, activities or employment. Gresham-Barlow provides equal access to individuals with disabilities.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER