Mid Shift Custodian
REPORTS TO: Head Custodian, Building Administrators
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION: Based on Classified Pay Model
WORK CALENDAR: 260 Days
STANDARD HOURS: 8 Hours/Day, 40 Hours/Week
SCHEDULE: Mid Shift
CORP STATUS: Classified
PERF: CPCSC is a Non-PERF District
WORK LOCATION: Ray Crowe Elementary
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables (e.g. soap)
- Wipe mirrors and windows
- Maintain outer premises by cleaning entrances
- Maintains a neat and orderly janitors room; ensures cleaning and maintenance supplies are stocked
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs (replacing broken switches, fixing door handles, minor leaks etc.)
- Report major damages and oversee repairs
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows, etc.
- Undertake occasional custodial and janitorial tasks (shoveling snow from the sidewalk, lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.)
- Abide by all safety rules and regulations--report safety hazards and concerns to head custodian and principal
- The preferred candidate will have a high school diploma and or equivalency.
- The preferred candidate will have experience in maintenance and/or custodial work
- The preferred candidate will have the skills to work collaboratively and cooperatively with all stakeholders
- Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Ability to perform basic repairs and operate tools or equipment used in routine maintenance
- Ability to keep the school clean and orderly
- Ability to interact with staff, students, parents, and visitors at school while remaining professional, polite, and courteous
- Prolonged periods of standing
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop,climb, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds at a time
Clark-Pleasant Community School Corporation believes in equal employment opportunity for all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The policy extends to recruiting and hiring, working conditions, training programs, promotions, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, CPCSC actively supports and seeks to implement all federal and state legislation and rules pertaining to the employment process. CPCSC expects and requires its employees to comply with this policy in every respect.
People with disabilities, people of color, indigenous people, Hispanic/Latinx, and LGBTQ, regardless of age are encouraged to apply. We are committed to developing a diverse and talented team. If you are excited about this role, but are you unsure whether you meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage you to inquire and/or apply online.