Special Education Paraprofessional/Cleaner - SAIL Program (Kellogg, MN)
Posted a month ago
Hiawatha Valley Education District (HVED) provides special education services to 13 School Districts and 2 Charter Schools within five counties of southeast Minnesota: Fillmore, Houston, Olmsted, Wabasha, and Winona. HVED also has two (2) Setting IV Behavior Programs that provide programming for students in grades K-12 with challenging behaviors currently receiving special education services. The Setting IV Behavior Programs are located in Kellogg (SAIL) and Hokah (ACHIEVE). In addition, HVED provides programming for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (SPECTRUM). Our SPECTRUM program is located in Caledonia. HVED offers an Alternative Learning Center housed in MN College SE located in Winona, MN. HVED is committed to providing the best services to staff, students, and member districts in southeast Minnesota. Come join our team to be a part of a great organization!
Special Education Paraprofessional
Location: Kellogg, MN
Hiawatha Valley Education District is seeking a talented Special Education Paraprofessional for the EBD (Emotional Behavior Disorders) SAIL Program, which is located in Kellogg, MN. This position is full-time during the 9-month School Year. This position will also include some janitorial tasks.
EMPLOYMENT DATE: School Year 2021-2022
RATE OF PAY: $14.25 - $19.25 per hour. Benefits package available.
- Must meet highly qualified criteria: Associates Degree or higher degree, or meets Minnesota Certified ParaPro Assessment
- Certified in Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Intervention (training provided)
- Experience working with students with behavioral needs
- Experience and skills in instructional role, use of technology, and interpersonal communications
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, staff, and/or parents verbally and in writing
- Ability to work with a team and take direction from supervising teacher
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Experience with Microsoft Office
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Assisting teachers in their teaching duties and other general responsibilities such as organizing teaching manuals, providing instructional support, rendering reinforcement activities, etc.
- Performing clerical tasks such as maintaining student attendance records, filing student information and progress reports, making copies, creating bulletin boards, etc.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher (e.g. reinforcement of IEP goals and objectives, etc.) for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives and student participation
- Administers tests, homework, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of supporting teachers in the classroom
- Collaborates with supervising teacher(s) or other staff as assigned for the purpose of communicating information, resolving issues, and providing services in compliance with established guidelines
- Monitors special education students (e.g. classroom, field trips, lunchroom, playground, during life enrichment activities, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment
- General cleaning daily