Seasonal | Field Coach for Track & Field | Part Time | 2021
Job | Posted 4 months ago
Lakeside School, an independent 5-12 coeducational day school located in North Seattle is currently recruiting a Field Coach for the Track & Field team. The season is scheduled to begin Monday, April 19, 2021 and concludes at the latest on Saturday, June 12, 2021. Due to the pandemic, the competitive season could be altered. Required orientation meetings will occur in early April and will be virtual in the evenings.
This coach, reporting to the running program head, will join an athletics program that includes 23 varsity teams, most of which have both sub-varsity and middle-school counterparts. The track & field program supports a varsity team and typically a Middle School team. This coach will be responsible for coaching duties with their athletes, as well as other program-wide duties as assigned by the running program head. Specific responsibilities include:
- Compliance with all Lakeside School, Metro League and WIAA policies and procedures.
- Commitment to providing supports, messaging, actions, and opportunities to a diverse student body who come to school with different and evolving lived experiences and levels of preparation as athletes.
- Supervision and instruction of student-athletes during team activities.
- Maintenance and inventory of team equipment and apparel.
- Attendance at required program and interscholastic athletics program meetings.
- Support of multi-sport participation for student-athletes.
- Promotion of balanced achievement in all areas of school life for studentathletes.
Requirements and Qualifications
- At least 19 years of age.
- Availability for all practices and competitions from 3pm daily during their coaching season with availability on weekends as required.
- Experience coaching field events at the club, middle school, high school or college level is preferred.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness, including knowledge of themselves and the cultural lenses they bring to interactions. Candidates will understand different perspectives, interact respectfully with cultures other than their own, and cultivate meaningful relationships with people who have different cultural frameworks.
- Possess or obtain prior to the start of the season current First Aid/CPR certification.
- Satisfactorily complete two criminal background checks.
We offer a stipend schedule that compares favorably with peer schools and clubs both locally and nationally. Coaching stipends are paid in monthly installments during the primary competition seasons. Other benefits include Lakeside Athletics apparel and access to funds for professional development. Questions about this position may be directed to the running program head Sally Revere.
Working At Lakeside
At Lakeside we are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community. To learn more about working at Lakeside, including our professional development and mentoring programs, benefits, diversity and inclusion, and opportunities for involvement in non-academic programs, please visit our Careers page on the Lakeside School website.
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.