Position: Piano Accompanist/Collaborative Pianist
General Job Description:
To provide piano accompaniment to the school choral program. To provide musical and collaborative input to and with the local music programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficiently demonstrates a vast understanding of their instrument
- Can play the piano at a high level of proficiency
- Can successfully follow and play music scores
- Is comfortable playing parts ranging from one line to 4 part open vocal score
- Comfortable sight reading at a high level
- Feel comfortable running sectional rehearsals when necessary
- Can commit to performances outside of the school day
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under supervision of certified teacher(s) and principal.
- Support in the preparation for program and classroom activities.
- Work with small groups of students to reinforce material initially introduced by the teacher.
- Assist in the implementation of program goals and objectives.
- Be familiar with the teacher’s lesson plans and assist teachers in reinforcing teacher-planned lessons for the students.
- Be generally familiar with textbooks and course content
- Have knowledge of the home language of the students
- Follow district and school procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: High School diploma or GED. Perform selection of music as deemed necessary by director.
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform the job and access the environment for which you are hired. The following may be required: Sitting, standing, reaching, squatting, kneeling, prolonged playing, physical ability to play on piano, and moving light furniture.
Equipment/Technology Handled: Keyboard and amplification knowledge
Work Environment: : Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature, and air quality. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignment without direct supervision. After hour work may be required.
Terms of Employment: Hourly