Community Education - Summer Middle School Sports & Fitness - Lead
Posting dates: 06/07/21 thru 06/15/21 or until filled
Hours: Monday thru Thursday 2-3 hours per day (10-12 per week)
Locations: Chippewa, Edgewood & Highview Middle Schools
Summer Middle School Sports & Fitness - Lead plan, organize and lead participants through a variety of activities including Sports, Fitness and wellness activities each week. Leads will deliver high quality experiences that are safe and engaging for participants in or entering 6-8th grade. Leads will work with summer camp coordinator, and Program assistants throughout the summer.
Essential job functions include the following:
Coordinate the day-to-day Activities For Summer Fun Program:
- Plan, organize and execute age appropriate daily sports, fitness and wellness activities included but not limited to football, tennis, ultimate frisbee, pickleball, basketball, kickball, volleyball, soccer, fitness, etc.
- Lead groups of participants entering Grades 6-8 with a fun, safe, positive and outgoing attitude.
- Work with the coordinator to get needed supplies and equipment.
- Work with the coordinator to communicate with parents/guardians regarding Sports & fitness
- Support participant movement throughout the day including transition from summer school programs, as well as drop-off and pick-up.
- Ensure facilities/fields are set-up and ready for the day’s activities.
- Ensures use of supplies/equipment are used in accordance with the weekly plan and budget .
- Maintain classroom/field/gym compliance with Current Covid- 19 guidelines.
- Maintains cleanliness and order of camp room in order to ensure safety
- Assists in unlocking and controlling access to spaces as needed and authorized by permit.
- Assisting in building walk through at the end of camp this includes ensuring that all facility users have left the premises, turning off lights, checking and locking appropriate doors and notifying custodians of departure before leaving the building.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety and emergency procedures for the building of assignment.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies and/or injuries; calling 911 if necessary.
- Responsible for minor Blood Borne cleanups.
- Promptly completing and submitting required reports (accident/injury reports, facilities report, Incident report) to Community Education.
- Remaining alert to potentially unsafe situations and notifying custodians of unsafe conditions; stopping any unsafe or questionable activities.
- Assists in observes activities in and around the camp to help prevent property damage and theft. Reports illegal activities to the police and Community Education facilities office.
- Serve as back up staff if able to for other Summer programming.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings and in-service training programs as requested.
- Performs other comparable duties of a like or similar nature as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Sports, fitness and wellness.
- Basic computer skills - email, word, database systems, etc.
- Experience working and communicating with adults and children in an employment or volunteer setting.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of applicable District requirements and Board of Education policies.
- Ability to observe and report safety hazards and need for maintenance and repair.
- Ability to confer with community education supervisor regarding needs, schedules and concerns.
- Ability to complete CPR/first Aid certifications and keep them up to date.
- Knowledge of the mission, core values, and strategies of Mounds View Public schools.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and work weekends
- Willing to work at multiple locations.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required include close vision.
$20.00 per hour