Sr. Playground Technician
Job | Posted 4 months ago
Regardless of what decisions are reached in order to open our campuses and operations, we must ask that all applicants, new employees, and current staff be prepared for
possible variations in campus assignments, hours of operations, and modifications to job duties among other considerations.
Any of these possible changes may not be known until we move into the school year and certainly will depend upon any developments in managing COVID -19 restrictions and recommendations.
The State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A $50.20 fingerprinting fee will be charged once hired.
To perform a variety of general duties related to playground maintenance and repairs of district facilities, and grounds including playground equipment installations and repair, replaces protective surfacing material to help ensure playground areas are safe for age appropriate users and meet district standards.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Notify and request replacement of broken or damaged plays cape equipment.
- Recommend general maintenance to appropriate personnel.
- Remove trash, rock, grass, and other debris from play scape.
- Operate heavy or specialized equipment such as a bobcat, tractor, operate a variety of hand tools, and transit or sight level.
- Operate various tools and equipment used in the course of work in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Prepare and maintain records, daily inspection form and keep inventory of supplies according to established policies and procedures.
- Report maintenance and repair needs to the ground’s supervisor, and campus.
- Commute to and from multiple facilities within the district as assigned using a district owned vehicle.
- Turn/till much routinely especially in high usage areas.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide daily operational oversight to Playground Technician.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Must pass the certification of playground safety inspection within one year of employment and keep the certification current.
- Valid Texas Class C Operators License. Driving Record must meet District standard for driving District Vehicle.
- General knowledge of maintenance and repair work of equipment for grounds care is desired.
- Knowledge of grounds care and maintenance work.
- Ability to operate the required equipment to complete the assigned tasks, to communicate effectively, and to follow instructions.
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions of other information.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder.
- Constantly positions self to be able to reach items on ground or above head.
- Frequently moves items weighing up to 90 pounds.
- May be exposed to high or low outside temperatures.
- Frequently exposed to intermittent loud noises.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but will occasionally work in a loud area.
- Work in hot, dry, and dusty conditions as well as possibly cold, wet, and damp areas.
- Regularly works outdoors.
- Will work near or with moving mechanical equipment.
- Occasionally work with grounds or maintenance chemicals.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer