High School Bus Driver
Colorado Early Colleges Mission Statement: All students, regardless of background or skill level, will have the opportunity to pursue a growth mindset that will allow them to achieve mastery and to demonstrate they can succeed in school, in college, and in their chosen career. No exceptions. No excuses.
High School Bus Driver
Full-Time: Yes, 30 hours per week
Duty Time will vary within the hours of: 5:30 AM - 9:00 AM and 1:15 PM - 5:00 PM
Starting Pay Range: $16.25 up to $20.00 per hour/Annualized Pay (Depends on location)
Annual Leave: 30 Hours
Contract Days: Depends on location (169-171 days)
Job Location: Aurora
- Aflac Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- All offers of employment are conditional on a successful background check and reference check.
- Please be advised that CEC may choose to contact work references other than those listed on your application.
- Selected applicant is an employee at will.
- Selected applicant must comply with the Colorado State Board of Education’s Drug-Free Workplace policy. The selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States, as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), and conform with all applicable federal law, state law, CEC Transportation Standard Operating Procedures, and Polices.
BROAD SCOPE OF POSITION: The operating of CEC transportation system requires a variety of functions. For this job description the duties include driving regulations, student safety, CEC route formation, bus maintenance, and cooperation with the HOS. The Head of School/school on-site designated Transportation Director will work with the CEC Network Transportation Coordinator to accomplish the work as appropriate to ensure the safe, comfortable and efficient transportation of students.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Performs routine maintenance of the bus
- Attends training and in-service meetings
- Completes pre-trip and post-trip inspections as required
- Ensures that all safety rules and regulations are followed to the prescribed measures
- Identifies and reports mechanical malfunctions to appropriate personnel
- Keeps current with Colorado Rules and Regulations Governing Operation of School Transportation Vehicles
- Maintains cleanliness and orderly appearance of CEC buses, including washing vehicles on a regular basis
- Maintains up to date and accurate transportation paperwork
- Performs simulated or actual emergency evacuations of all vehicle occupants
- Successfully completes road skills test and written evaluations
- Supervises loading and unloading of buses
- Transports students, on scheduled school days established by CEC, to and from the school and related activities safely and efficiently
- Knowledge of CEC operations, laws, rules, regulations, and procedures (CEC Transportation Standard Operating Procedures)
- Knowledge of major roads and location of schools within the CEC transportation area
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally
- Ability to drive and operate a school bus safely
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and the general public
- Ability to provide a warm and caring attitude toward students
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Ability to work well with students and parents from diverse populations
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Must possess or be willing to obtain and renew/maintain CPR and First Aid certification
- Must qualify for district’s Vehicle Operator License Insurance
- Must possess an acceptable driving record
- Must possess a Colorado Commercial Driver’s License,
- Class B CDL with P2 and school bus endorsements
Must pass DOT physical requirements
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM THE DUTIES SUCCESSFULLY: (List or describe what all job candidates and incumbents must have.)
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions.
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
- Distinguishes depth and objects in a wide field of vision
- Lifts or carries burdens up to 50 lbs., and pushes and/or pulls other burdens weighing 100 lbs.; may have to lift students when assistance is required
- Subject to hazardous conditions of ice and snow while performing transportation duties
- Spends the majority of time sitting and may stand and walk while performing certain required job duties
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- Noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- Frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- May experience exposure to all types of weather conditions, high noise levels, dust, fumes, and other elements associated with transportation duties.
- May experience exposure to stressful or confrontational situations.
- Required to submit to initial and random drug and alcohol screening.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel to multiple school sites to conduct job responsibilities and attend meetings as required.
Colorado Early Colleges is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law