5th Grade Teacher - Elementary Summer School - 6 Positions, 3 @ LB, 3 @ MV
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Salary: Summer School Stipend is $31.00 TRS / $28.21 IRS per hour.
- Plan and instruct students on District and Illinois State Standards aligned curriculum.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with parents and students on progress.
- Diligent in entering student grade information into appropriate computer databases in a timely manner.
- Develop lesson plans and goals that meet District expectations.
- Conduct and interpret formal and informal assessments to evaluate student progress, maintain records of student work, and develop intervention strategies to ensure student success and growth.
- Meet regularly with support teachers, paraprofessionals and specialists to discuss individual student's modifications or adaptations, ongoing learning issues, interventions or problems. Work collaboratively to ensure individual student's needs are met by enriching or modifying lessons, curriculum, materials, and resources as needed.
- Set clear expectations for class and manage classroom and school environment applying positive behavior supports and interventions as needed. Establish a safe atmosphere conducive to a positive learning environment. Act as role model by encouraging appropriate behaviors that lead to social, emotional and physical development.
- Knowledge of Google Classroom, Zoom and digital resources.
- Will be (3) positions at Liberty Elementary and (3) positions at Meadview Elementary
Three 4 hour institute days with staff prior to the first day of summer school
Summer School: June 14 - July 15, 2021, Monday - Thursday
Teacher Schedule: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (20 days @ 4 hr each = 80 hours)
Student Schedule: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm daily
8:00 am -9:00 am is teacher collaboration / plan time
Certification / License Requirements:
Professional Educators License, endorsement for elementary level